Monday, October 6, 2014

Tall white

A few days ago I finished my biggest wiring job so far. This big Pinus parviflora. Below is a photo of it from last year when it was still in Japan.


This is how I got it in July. The lowest branch was quite weak, but luckily it was not that necessary so I removed it during the restyling.


Here you can see its size.




This is the tree so far. It is not tottaly finished yet. The upper part of the crown will get some more defined shaping in the near future. Plus I need to get a better pot for it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the big nebari scar? Was there an extra root, extra trunk? Will it heal over?

Nik Rozman said...

There is a stone inside the trunk/nebari. It could heal over, but that would take around 10 years if not more. That is why I decided to just let it be visible.

Nik